Take you by the hand, guide you to the great healer you already are.
Deepen your practice beyond the physical aspects of yoga…
In this training you will learn the philosophy, mentality, and spirituality that is the foundation for the yoga lifestyle.
Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is based on the traditional sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series, combined with the creative and corrective sequencing approach used in the Vinyasa Yoga style of asana practice.
Students will study and practice the form of the Vinyasa Yoga series to build a strong foundation.
Deepening your understanding of functional anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and breath work, and understanding the energetic elements within each pose.
Drawing upon this strong technical foundation, students will learn and teach the Vinyasa technique developing class sequences and harnessing their creativity and authentic voice.
By the end of the course, students will be able to confidently teach a Vinyasa class suitable for all levels, from beginner through to advanced, and offer modifications for students with injuries or physical limitations.
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Intensive study and practice of Asanas (postures)
- Sanskrit names of yoga postures
- Assisting and modification of poses
- Anatomy, Physiology & Kinesiology
- Alignment Vinyasa
- Energy (Chakras)
- Energetic (Chakra) Alignment & Sequencing
- Energetic (chakra) Vinyasa, Alignment Vinyasa
- Class sequencing and planning
- Observation of yoga classes at studio
- Hands on assisting of classes at studio
- Practice teaching
- The Business of Yoga
- Module: Chakras
- Emotional connections
- Health and wholeness
- Energy awareness
- Basic archetypes understanding and their related chakra
- Mindfulness 101
- Mindfulness ideology and philosophy
- Practical application and perceptions
- Mindful sitting, listening, standing, walking and eat
- Nature therapy
- Intuitive Instructor Series
- Creating and holding a sacred space
- Developing intuition
- Intuitive teaching
- Embracing Spirit
- Emotional IQ
- Strength based model
- Masculine and Feminine working together
- Archetypes and your practice
- Soul and Self Care
- Private session with Chonteau
- What is Soul Care
- Developing a practice of soul care
Can be used as make up course for approved segments or elective for specialty yoga course. Must be approved by Terri Shulman if using for make up hours.
- Herbal Allies 101 $300 (Date to be announced)
- Basic herbal history in the US
- Wise woman tradition
- Models of working with herbs
- Basic herbal preparation
- Plant Spirit Medicine
- Basic herbs for yoga
- Restorative Yoga Intensive with Terri Shulman (Cost and date to be announced)
200 HR YTT SCHEDULE:
Saturdays & Sundays; 8am-6pm, once or twice a month beginning January
- January 6-7,
- February 10-11 & 24-25
- March 10-11 & 24-25
- April 7-8, 21-22
- May 5-6, 19-20
- June 9-10
$2700 Early Bird PAYMENT IN FULL due December 1, 2017
$3,000 AFTER DECEMBER 1
- $500 - non-refundable deposit due at the time of registration, deposit is applied toward tuition.
- Payments of $300 + Will begin NOVEMBER 15 following registration and the FINAL PAYMENT OF $400 DUE BEFORE GRADUATION IN JUNE
- $500 deposit will hold your place and is part of the final payment.
- Students who pay in full: $500 is non-refundable and 25% of tuition is non- refundable for every month your spot is held and 100% non- refundable as of December 1, 2017.
- Ashtanga Yoga by Juliet Pegrum
- The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long, MD
- The Sevenfold Journey by Anodea Judith
- Anantomy of the Spirit by Caoline Myss, PH.D.
- The Secret of the Yoga Sutra by Samadhi Pada
Who is Eligible?
- 6+ months yoga practice experience
- 2-5 days a week regular practice
- Consistent attendance or interest in specialty workshops and trainings
- Students who often have deeper questions about practice
- Students who do not have a desire to teach, but are dedicated yoga practitioners
- Students who have a love of yoga and a desire to share their love of yoga with the world, both on and off the mat